What can we do when serious tech issues prevent the normal release of Arise2Live podcast?
Let’s gain insights from Bartlett Arkell’s book ‘Grocery Clerks Who Have Become Successful’ written in 1925. Scott found this old book in his grandma’s box stored away for decades. It is surprisingly relevant today. Sure the names have changed, but time-based principles come through in inspirational ways.
The biggest take away? It’s okay to start with humble beginnings.
Bartlett Arkell was president of the Beech-Nut Packing Company for like 50 years and left a legacy company that’s still around plus a community library and museum and more. He wrote this book to inspire the next generation of business owners who started as fast-food workers, er, grocery clerks.
#Arise2LIve #businessowners #CFO #jobshop #mindset
Talked about businessman Edward Haas and how he built a company that he sold to his employees.
- Okay to start with humble beginnings.
- Make it count where you are today.
- Be generous to your local community.
- Encourage others around you.
- How are you making your story?
- Are you okay to living a quiet life, but have huge impact to the ones around you?