For business owners and freelancers, there is always resistance when advancing your business. Resistance seems to be always in the way as you move forward. This episode covers how to overcome this and how we should have the mind-set of a professional athlete with discipline and eye fixed on the prize. This is the final part of a 4 part series that include staying power (#96), persistence (#97), and resilience (#98).
Four Sources of Suffering
- Life events that happens to us … unpreventable and unpredictable, but we can prepare.
- Suffering as a result of being naïve, lazy, or arrogant…definitely preventable.
- Suffering from discipline…Self-caused… to reach the next level requires giving up some nice things
- Suffering from the resistance of moving forward…overcoming makes you a better person and run a better business
Scott’s Three Discoveries from Experiencing the Resistance of Moving Forward
- You know you are on the right path.
- It takes time and money to create order in your life. Always.
- Forces you to get better
Resources and Links
SBA loan information: SBA website
Quote by J.R.R. Tolkien
Reference to John C. Maxwell’s book* 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership