In today’s environment, it’s difficult to keep up our daily focus on moving our business forward. Here are 4 practical things you can do to be more productive using the “your body is a machine” approach.
Last episode’s theme: Be Aware and Take Action
Four things you can do to increase your daily focus using the “Your-Body-is-a-Machine” approach.
1) Take care of your eyes. When your eyes get tired, it requires more brain power to focus.
- Use your ‘Night-Light’ feature on your devices
- Have good light in your work space by using sunlight through a window or LED lights.
2) Greatly limit your reading of the news. Constant bad news and rage-reporting wear you down and reduce your ability to concentrate.
3) Taking care of your body keeps up focus and will-power.
- Exercise…get your body moving.
- Eat right…food is your fuel to your body. Garbage in- Garbage out.
- Sleep…a study found that lack of sleep decrease cognitive ability, but not memory or verbal skills. As business owners, we need all the cognitive ability we can get.
- Sleep and IQ study: “The Link Between Sleep and Intelligence Goes Deeper Than We Thought”
4) Put aside time for meditation and scripture reading to reduce stress, and increases personal productivity.
Resources and Links
U.S. Treasury Fact Sheet “PPP–Fasct-Scheet (4/3/2020)”
Forbes article on the Gig Economy
CNBC article on : “Delays in SBA loans for independent contractors and self-employed workers