Seek simplicity in your life. By bringing simplicity into your next year’s planning and goal setting process, you can achieve greater clarity, less stress, and easier decision making. All these lead to increased productivity…and a more enjoyable life in family and business.
- To seek out simplicity is not saying to be simple minded. If fact, to create and maintain simplicity in your life requires you to be smart.
- Youtube link to Lynyrd Skynyrd “Simple Man”
Create Simplicity in Your Life
1) Align your activities to your values and priorities
- Create a start/stop list of activities
- Identify and write out your relationship obligations
- Say ‘No’ to opportunities and people that devalue you or drag you away from your purpose.
2) Keep the End in Mind
- At the end of the day, it’s about the relationships not the product that matters.
- Say ‘No’ to distracting activities, no matter how important, that are not on the road you need to follow.
3) Be disciplined to stay on the path
- Not perfect, but disciplined.
- Even the simple things like Making your bed in the morning brings a type of simplicity and discipline that carries over to more important things later in the day.
- Say ‘No’ to the path of least resistance.
People think focus means saying yes to the thing you’ve got to focus on. But that’s not what it means at all. It means saying no to the hundred other good ideas that there are.