Your performance and rest are interconnected to productivity. Discover the counter intuitive approach of business leaders to excelling in the competitive world. Part one identifies work-culture barriers that drag performance down and highlights the benefits of how regular scheduled downtime can help you level-up.
3 barriers that lower your performance are:
- Not facing the fear of falling behind.
- Not facing the cost of over commitment, not sweeping it under the rug.
- Not facing the cost of ‘Running too hot’.
3 rewards for making time for downtime are:
- A quicker, more creative brain for higher performance.
- Higher quality work and better relationship.
- Less-is-more attitude can lead to higher quality of life, just being happier
Link to Tommy Breedlove Interview
Link to HBR article “Why CEOs Devote So Much Time to Their Hobbies” by Emilia Bunea
Emilia Bunea’s TedxLondon Talk “Why Leaders should take their leisure seriously”
Scientific America Article on Mental Downtime
Please share this podcast with your friends.