Assigned to wear a sales hat in your small company? Looking to get better at sales? Expand your sales knowledge and perspective with this interview episode. Harry Parks has 20+ sales years’ experience at corporate and start-up companies. Topics include sales cycle, dealing with rejection, and getting started in sales.
Harry Parks is currently a sales person at IBM, selling electronic systems to government entities. Over the years, Harry has helped me understand sales methods and approaches that helped me in my business.
- Time is important: both to you and your potential customer.
- Sales not always about the product: price, quality, experience, and long-term use are also important.
- Don’t be afraid of talking to people, be professional in looks and talking.
- Make a list of 1- to 20 of the most potential customers asked questions, this is different than customer objections.
- Common market data analysis companies: Gardner, Data Quest.