A light-hearted episode with co-host Tegan that presents 4 things you can do to prevent your strengths from being over-applied and misapplied to the point of hurting your business and family.
Four general personality types that need to be aware of not over-using their strengths:
- Results driven
- Outgoing expressive person
- Research and/or process focused
Things to prevent your strength becoming your weakness:
- Remember what disease (or personality) you have. 🙂
- Take a step back, check assumptions before take action.
- Fill your strength-gap with other people’s strengths.
- Don’t always stay in your strength “comfort-zone”. Success is often found in the uncomfort-zone.
- Don’t use your strengths to carry the whole load. Have your team or support group carry part of the load.
I.Q. = Intelligence quotient
E.Q. = Emotional quotient
Personality test results are there to put you in a box. Instead, flashlight to your tendencies.
Winston Churchill’s June 4th, 1940 speech