Is it worth taking the effort to balance business and kids? Here are five long-term, positive outcomes when you include your kids in your business. Co-hosted by Scott’s daughter, Tegan.
#1 You become a better scheduler
– Schedule around kids schedule
– Schedule for smoothness, not efficiency
– Your presence has a huge impact, if even you don’t do anything.
#2 You get to know your family better (at 6:42)
– Share your business at the family dinner table
– You and your kids have great opportunity to react to events and situations.
#3 You get extra support and feedback 8:32
– Help with business tasks, example of my son taking my web/social media headshots
– Review of products/materials before the customer sees it
#4 Kids learn real-life skills 10:38
– facing fears
– Access to professional equipment and software
#5 You will build up your purpose 14:46
– Business goes beyond making money
Link to Tegan’s High-School senior project, called Faces of Philomath
Parent “Tag-team” reference is from Orit’s interview
Share this podcast