Episode 111, or as Bilbo Baggins would say, the eleventy-one episode of the Arise2Live podcast. And like Bilbo, you might be traveling on a long journey and need to manage your business or maybe a quick escape out of a noisy house. This episode covers practical tips on what to carry your own on-the-go office.
The basic equipment for your on-the-go mobile office. Feel free to adjust to suit you needs.
A bag (or pack-pack, satchel, etc.)
- A good one, not necessarily expensive
- A laptop holder that protects. Traveling around, bags get trough around.
- Main compartment for books
- Side pockets for cables: ear phones, chargers, mouse, etc
- Smaller pocket for pens, business cards, etc.
- Keep laptop flat and don’t put hard, blukly things on top of the the laptop.
A laptop (or tablet)
- It’s key to have a sturdy one if going to, one with some strength to handle so bumps along the way.
Smart phone with hot-spot plan
- High data limits, or unlimited.
- Keep these easy to forget cords handy.
USB Sticks or SD Cards
- Use to make backups and/or transfer to other computers…like you brother-in-law’s laptop connect to a printer or at a USB Sticks business office.
- A mouse does increase productivity, but durable one that can be stuffed in the bag. I’m using a corded USB mouse, it’s pretty solid and free.