Digital On-line Presence Coach, Orit Ofri, shares how-to’s and impactful insights from starting a business to on-line marketing to the challenges of balancing business and family. She includes time management in her impactful real-life insight on running a business and family. Orit is a mom with two kids, an On-line Presence Coach for authors, and a board member of the non-profit Willamette Writers organization.
She can be reached at her website oritofri.com.
Orit shares a lot of information and insights. Feel free to pause to take notes.
Note that Orit’s cat makes numerous comments during the interview.
6:41 Launching your on-line Presence
- Small business and writers need to have their own website.
- Businesses need their own bank account and credit cards, don’t use personal financial accounts.
11:46 Marketing Avatars
- On-line Presence tips and the value of avatars for creating on-line content. An avatar is a created character of your ideal customer, that is, the person who you write blogs for. Additional marketing avatar information can be found at this Avatar Link.
- Orit makes reference to Amy Porterfield’s website.
- When creating content, write to that avatar “person”.
14:43 Your On-line Presence
- Hobby companies should be run as a hobby so it doesn’t hurt the family.
- Mission is important to businesses.
- Dangers of spending too much time on-line without making money
18:08 Balancing Business and Family
- Social challenges of doing both
- Time flexibility of having your own on-line business helps kids
- Finding balance with spouse to properly raise kid
- Tag-team with your spouse to get things done at home and take care of the kids.
- Challenges of maintaining the balance
23:45 Tips on Time Management
- Batching is scheduling activities and tasks in a consistent and long time block each week.
- Batching saves time, produces higher quality, and allows focusing on the tasks at hand.
- Set a consistent time, same time, each week for social media.
- Use tools like buffer or Hoot Suite.
- Take care of yourself.