Season #2 is starting! The theme of this series is “heart of the parent, mind of an entrepreneur“. The goal is to capture and provide paths forward for the complexites and mixed feelings about having a family while running a business. How to keep things in balance? What are the proper expectations? If I try to do both, will my efforts be divided? What does success look like in my life? Season #2 will have inspirational interviews and thoughtful talks to help answer these questions…and more1
The election results getting to you? Here’s some ways to gain perspective and keep your family on track.
- Have a long-term perspective.
- Help and guide your kids to process and cope with uncertainty.
- Volunteer to help change your world.
This short-take episode shares two big journaling benefits for Entrepreneurs and Freelancers: benefits for today and for future advantage with an added bonus of better decision making.
For the host of the show, there are two reasons for journaling:
One is for today…Getting clarity of thought
And the other is for tomorrow… remembrance of my thoughts.
What are yours?
Your business venture got you down? Toiling away every day? Here are 5 things to help you remember the good.
- Remember to have selective amnesia
- Remember your goals and dreams
- Remember the hope inside of you
- Remember your family
- You have what it takes
Partial lyrics quote from “The Voice” by the Moody BLues
A lot of good things can happen when you regularly engage in community—professional, personal, and spiritual.
Working too much alone can create:
- Ideas get stuck in a cul-de-sac.
Proactive Work Ideas:
- Regularly schedue time to work away from the office.
- Coffee-shops and co-working places can work well (match to your style).
- Choose appropriate tasks to work off-site.
- Find professional events or clubs.
Proactive Family Ideas:
- Get buy-in from spouse for evening events.
- Create “Spouse & Kids” dinners when you are out in the evening.
- Bring your older kids to your professional events.