This short-take episode shares two big journaling benefits for Entrepreneurs and Freelancers: benefits for today and for future advantage with an added bonus of better decision making.
For the host of the show, there are two reasons for journaling:
One is for today…Getting clarity of thought
And the other is for tomorrow… remembrance of my thoughts.
What are yours?
Your business venture got you down? Toiling away every day? Here are 5 things to help you remember the good.
- Remember to have selective amnesia
- Remember your goals and dreams
- Remember the hope inside of you
- Remember your family
- You have what it takes
Partial lyrics quote from “The Voice” by the Moody BLues
A lot of good things can happen when you regularly engage in community—professional, personal, and spiritual.
Working too much alone can create:
- Ideas get stuck in a cul-de-sac.
Proactive Work Ideas:
- Regularly schedue time to work away from the office.
- Coffee-shops and co-working places can work well (match to your style).
- Choose appropriate tasks to work off-site.
- Find professional events or clubs.
Proactive Family Ideas:
- Get buy-in from spouse for evening events.
- Create “Spouse & Kids” dinners when you are out in the evening.
- Bring your older kids to your professional events.
Stay on top of things for the last quarter of the year, the busiest time. Hear some pitfalls to avoid as well as ideas
and methods to have an enjoyable balance between your business and family.
1) 4th Quarter of the year happens every year.
2) Every year there are traditional events and holidays in the 4th Quarter.
So, schedule these ahead of time to balance family and work:
- Family holidays
- Kid’s school and sports activities
- Business year-end tasks
- Client projects
- Start with just getting the events on your schedule.
- Have a family calendar in a common area of the home.
- Manage client and family expectations
- Try not to do too much.
The Arise2Live Season #1 will be ending with a 4-part series of short-take episodes, each about 5 minutes long and designed
to encourage you to have strong business and stronger families. After that, Season #2 is expected to start with a new line-up of
interviews and topics.
A four step method to make project improvements and still move forward:
- Taking a breather by scaling back, but not stopping.
- Getting feedback from end-users, competitors, and the data so that you can make smart decisions and adjustments.
- Re-thinking the effort… not the purpose or why, but the ‘how’.
- Finally, Re-creating to be better… but not looking to be perfect.