Today we have a wonderful interview with Joe Sanok about his new book “Thursday is the New Friday” and how a 4-day work week can apply to business owners. Scott asked Joe some challenging questions. There’s a lot of gold nuggets in this unscripted episode.
Guest: Joe Sanok https://joesanok.com/
Get his book:
“Thursday is the New Friday” on Amazon**
Joe Sanok’s Background
- Host of “The Practice of the Practice Podcast” – Top 50 podcasts worldwide.
- Trained Psychologist with private counseling practice for a number of years.
- Consults and learns from other counselors through Practice of the Practice website.
4-day Work Week Benefits
- Work life balance
- Staff retention
- Heating/cooling savings
- Forces owners to say, “For me, personally, in my role that I have, what’s the very best use of my time for this business and everything else I need to not be touching.”
Ways to Increase Productivity and Brain Power
- Take Friday off or half off Friday.
- Protect the time that you are not at work
- On Monday or beginning of week, look at what tasks need to get done and would make the difference for the week.
- Set boundaries on work so you know when you are done- don’t overwork.
** I sometimes use affiliate products to help support the websites costs. It doesn’t cost you anything more and if you purchase I may get compensated. Your support is most appreciated.